Italian Greyhounds are dogs that are known for being exceptionally agile and playful. They are also known to spend their energy more than the average dog breed. Because of this, finding the proper meal or dog food for this breed can be a bit challenging.
You will need to find high-quality food that will match or replace their lost energy. To ensure this, you need to find a dog food that will offer your dog the optimal nutrition it needs while also satisfying that bottomless pit of a belly.
- What You Should Consider When Buying Dog Food for Italian Greyhounds
- Top Dog Food for Italian Greyhounds
- 1. Solid Gold Wolf King
- 2. VICTOR Hi-Pro Plus Formula Dry Dog Food
- 3. Natural Balance LID Diet
- 4. Blue Buffalo Life Protection, Lamb and Rice Recipe
- 5. Whole Earth Farms Puppy Recipe
- 6. Wellness CORE Grain-Free Dog Food
- 7. American Journey Salmon and Sweet Potato
- 8. Simply Nourish Dog Food
- 9. CANIDAE Life Stages Platinum Formula Canned Dog Food
- 10. Diamond Hi-Energy Sporting Dog Food
- 11. Iams ProActive Dry Dog Food
- 12. Purina Pro Plan Sport
- 13. VICTOR Purpose Select Nutra Dry Dog Food
- 14. Dr. Tim’s Active Dog Pursuit Formula Dry Dog Food
- 15. V-Dog Kind Kibble Vegan
- 16. Stella and Chewy’s Meal Mixers Dog Food Topper
- 17. Kinetic Performance Active Dry Dog Food
What You Should Consider When Buying Dog Food for Italian Greyhounds
The task of choosing good food for Italian Greyhounds can be a bit of a challenge, especially to new pet parents. That is why we have included some tips on what you should consider when buying dog food.
- Dog food ingredients are often listed according to their weight or percentage. While looking into dog food, you might want to look for animal proteins. This should be your top priority. Never settle for an ingredient named meat meal – they need to be specific.
- Look if they contain whole vegetables, fruits, or grains. Fresh ingredients like unprocessed food ingredients are healthy as they contain natural nutrients. Moreover, the enzymes, vitamins, and antioxidants they contain are also intact.
- You might also want to check its expiration date. When buying dog food or even pet food, check if the best by date is 10 or 11 months away. At least six months away is the ideal best by date as it proves that the food was made very recently.
- Do not buy food with animal fat in it. Most dog food would have them and their manufacturers would claim that they are healthy, but they are not. Too much fat can be hazardous for your pet dog.
- Do not also settle for dog food with more added sweetener than animal protein. Dogs also enjoy sweet food, and it can entice them to eat more, but too much can be bad for their health.
- Avoid dog food with BHA, BHT, and ethoxyquin in them. Artificial colors, preservatives, and flavors can be toxic for your dog and the color of the food most certainly would not matter to your dogs.
- Although artificial food coloring can be hazardous for your pets, you can still try natural preservatives like rosemary extract, tocopherols, and vitamin C which all have health benefits to your pets.
Top Dog Food for Italian Greyhounds
1. Solid Gold Wolf King
The Solid Gold Wolf King Bison and Brown rice recipe are completed with sweet potatoes recipe, making it perfect for medium to large breeds of dogs.
This dry food consists of bison meat as its very first ingredient.
It also consists of nutritious whole grains packed with probiotic support. The rest of the ingredients are pumpkins, cranberries, carrots, and blueberries.
The Solid Gold Wolf King is packed with omega fats, fiber, vitamins B, and more. Rest assured that the dog food is free from artificial preservatives, soy, and even corn and wheat.
2. VICTOR Hi-Pro Plus Formula Dry Dog Food
The Victor Hi-Pro Plus dog food is specially formulated for very active dogs. Around 88 percent of this food pack is comprised of chicken, pork, and high-quality beef.
The formula is designed to provide active and energetic dogs the energy that they will need for the whole day.
It is also formulated with amino acids as well as vitamins and minerals necessary for your dog’s continuous growth.
3. Natural Balance LID Diet
The Natural Balance LID diet which is made of sweet potatoes and venison formula is a great dry dog food that is packed with proteins.
The venison in the formula acts as an alternative for poultry, giving your pet dogs extra protection from possible skin allergies.
It is also fortified with Omega 3 fatty acids to provide an extra healthy and shiny coat and skin for your furry friends.
Another main ingredient is taurine which is known to help prevent heart diseases.
4. Blue Buffalo Life Protection, Lamb and Rice Recipe
This holistic dry dog food from Blue Buffalo is made of deboned lamb along with whole grains and a set of healthy fruits and vegetables. It is made to perfectly suit all types of dog breeds and sizes.
This dog food is fortified with phosphorus, essential vitamins, and calcium to help maintain an active dog’s bones and teeth.
This dog food is known for improving the joint health and mobility of your dogs, making it one of the perfect dog food for active breeds.
This brand is also recommended by most vets for dogs with skin and digestion issues.
This kibble is also given for dogs who are known to be picky eaters as its taste and texture are just right for them.
5. Whole Earth Farms Puppy Recipe
While most on our list are made especially for medium to large-sized dogs, this formula is made for growing puppies.
The food pack is grain-free but packed with protein from salmon and chicken which are the main sources of lean protein.
The grain-free formula is extremely useful in preventing digestive problems and diarrheas.
The formula also consists of lots of fruits and vegetables which provide vitamins and minerals.
6. Wellness CORE Grain-Free Dog Food
The Core grain-free line of dog food made by Wellness differs from any other dog food.
Its main ingredient came from wild games like duck, lamb, rabbit, and wild boar which are packed into this premium-quality dog food.
Although this formula is high in protein which is healthy and good for your dogs, 34 percent of crude protein may not be suitable for your puppies.
Also, natural sourced vegetables and fruits are packed to provide additional flavor and vitamins necessary for your dog’s growth.
7. American Journey Salmon and Sweet Potato
The American Journey dog food has two main ingredients: salmon and sweet potatoes.
Salmon is known to provide healthy Omega 3 fatty acids while sweet potatoes are a great source of vitamins and dietary fiber.
Added in are fruits and vegetables like blueberries and carrots. It is also proven to be free of grain which helps your dog have better digestive health.
Most vets recommend this brand for puppies who exhibit digestive issues like runny stools and IBS.
8. Simply Nourish Dog Food
Dog food with limited ingredients is often regarded to be excellent for senior pups as well as dogs exhibiting sensitive stomachs.
This formula consists of deboned lamb, lamb meat, rice, flaxseed, and oatmeal.
One of its key benefits is producing a much healthier and better dog’s skin and coat.
This is due to the additional healthy Omega 3 fatty acids produced by the flaxseed. It is also said to be preferred by picky eaters.
9. CANIDAE Life Stages Platinum Formula Canned Dog Food
Vets usually recommend both wet and dry dog food, especially when you are raising a puppy.
Growing pups often exhibit difficulty in chewing dry food mainly because of the teeth and jaw issues that arise as they grow old.
The primary proteins used in this formula came from a chicken, lamb, and fish meat. It offers a lot of protein but has less fat and calories.
Moreover, the thick broth in this canned food is made up of high-quality ingredients which your pets will surely love.
10. Diamond Hi-Energy Sporting Dog Food
Italian Greyhounds are most certainly known for their high level of activity and energy, making a balanced dog food formula a must.
The Diamond Hi-Energy Sporting Dog Food contains a harmonious blend that is equal to 24 percent protein and 20 percent fat.
The red meats and chicken meal provide the lean protein that dogs need. The formula also has B vitamin supplements which makes it healthy for your dog.
11. Iams ProActive Dry Dog Food
This proactive dry dog food is meticulously crafted using farm-raised chicken and egg which are a good source of protein.
This is perfect, especially for growing puppies. This formula also helps keep your dog at a very healthy weight.
The L-Carnitine which is added in the recipe helps support your dog’s healthy metabolism.
The wholesome fibers and added natural prebiotics help with the digestive issues and problems of your dogs.
12. Purina Pro Plan Sport
The Purina Pro Plan Sport dry dog food may be one of the best dog foods made for active breeds like the Italian Greyhound.
Its main ingredients are chicken and eggs which are both good sources of protein and fat.
The dog food is also packed with antioxidants, minerals, vitamins, and essential amino acids which can improve your dog’s healthy joints and mobility.
The food is proven to have no artificial colors and preservatives added.
13. VICTOR Purpose Select Nutra Dry Dog Food
Victor’s Purpose Select Nutra dry dog food is specially made for all breed sizes and can be consumed by both puppies and adult dogs.
The formula is composed of mainly 92 percent meat protein which is taken from premium-quality chicken meal and eggs.
It is proven to be both high in protein while containing low carbs. Essential fatty acids, vitamins, minerals, protein, and amino acids are all present in this dog food.
The gluten-free grains are also a great source of energy while other ingredients help dogs have healthy immune and digestive systems.
14. Dr. Tim’s Active Dog Pursuit Formula Dry Dog Food
Dr. Tim’s Pursuit Formula may be one of the few dog foods with the perfect blend of essential fibers, fats, and carbohydrates.
The Active dog pursuit formula is created specifically for athletic, working, and active dog breeds.
The formula is made by a canine nutritionist and an experienced veterinarian, two people who know exactly what should exist in a portion of dog food.
It is packed with 86 percent animal protein and omega 3 fatty acids which boost your dog’s endurance while promoting a lustrous coat and healthy skin.
15. V-Dog Kind Kibble Vegan
While most dog food in our list is composed of mostly meat, V-Dog’s Kind Kibble begs to differ.
This kibble features 100% plant ingredients that are often considered healthier for puppies as well as adult dogs.
The formula consists of whole food like peas, lentils, quinoa, and brown rice which will fully supplement the protein, L-carnitine, taurine, and vitamins your dog’s body needs.
It can also eliminate allergic reactions while improving your pet’s oral hygiene.
It is also effective for weight management and for providing your dogs with healthier skin and coat.
16. Stella and Chewy’s Meal Mixers Dog Food Topper
Stella and Chewy’s meal mixers are made with farm-raised chicken as well as organic-certified fruits and vegetables.
The raw food nutrition is essentially preserved using the freeze and dried preparation so you can ensure that it is of the highest quality.
The dog food is formulated to have a canine’s natural diet while giving the dogs the protein and energy they need for everyday activities.
This dry kibble is proven to be free from any artificial preservatives or colorings.
It is also packed with probiotics that are perfect in aiding your pet’s digestive issues and sensitive stomach.
17. Kinetic Performance Active Dry Dog Food
This kibble from Kinetic Performance is specifically formulated for active adult dogs and is packed with proteins, minerals, and essential fats.
The main ingredients are chicken, eggs, and menhaden fish which are both great sources of proteins.
It also has L-carnitine which allows dogs to maintain a healthy weight while the omega fatty acids from the fish can improve their skin and provide them with a lustrous coat.
It is proven to be free from any artificial color and preservatives.
Like humans, dogs also need to maintain a proper and healthy diet, and to do so, their parents are often tasked to search for their food.
Italian Greyhounds are known for their active lifestyles, and as such, owners of this breed should look for food that is high in protein.
Finding one which improves your dog’s skin and coat is an added feature. Exercise added precaution when purchasing dog food as some food can cause allergies in your dogs.